Filament, provider of blockchain solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) and the enterprise, recently launched the Blocklet Kit, an end-to-end blockchain solution designed to help mobility, renewable energy and other industries adopt distributed ledger technologies (DLT) like blockchain.
The blockchain starter kit reportedly provides tools for corporations to build blockchain proofs of concept including the hardware, software and security protocols plus training and technical support. Already in use by global corporations in the automotive, communications and other sectors, the blockchain kit is now generally available.
“2018 has been a breakout year for enterprise blockchain technology. However, education and support remain critical as many companies are in the early stages of evaluation, exploration and deployment,” said Allison Clift-Jennings, CEO, Filament. “Our blockchain starter kit, which includes both the essential technology components and the on-site training, makes it as easy as possible for customers to get started with proofs of concept and production use cases.”
Filament’s Blocklet Kit includes:
- Blocklet solutions suite – Custom hardware, pre-loaded with all relevant software, links and documentation
- Portable blockchain-native devices – Powerful, USB- and UART-compatible enclaves that are pre-provisioned to work with blockchain services hosted by Filament
- Secure economic capabilities – Filament’s Blocklet technology acts as a secure hardware enclave, generating blockchain transactions directly on Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) machines or devices
- Multiple blockchain platform support – Interacts with BigchainDB and Ethereum as well as Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Sawtooth frameworks
- Intuitive integration tools – A robust Software Development Kit (SDK) and example code makes experimental integrations easy and efficient
- Training and support – Filament includes on-site training and technical support at every stage
As the IoT continues to bring digital interconnectivity to every piece of physical infrastructure, blockchain will become the protocol that builds trust between machines, devices and equipment. Filament’s Blocklet solutions are designed to enable connected physical assets to become direct participants in blockchain applications by providing a means to generate cryptographic identities and sign transactions. This allows them to engage both as direct-transactors on the chain, or as an authority in smart contracts.