Today marks the first day for entrepreneurs participating in a new sports and entertainment accelerator hosted by the Los Angeles Dodgers and R/GA, a New York-based advertising agency,
The first-of-its-kind program accepted applications earlier this year from startups using technology to build sports and entertainment-related products and services. The 10 participating companies get workspace in R/GA’s Los Angeles offices, access to mentors and support from the Dodgers and R/GA, and $20,000 in funding (along with the option to accept a $100,000 convertible debt note). The 3-month program ends with a Demo Day in November at Dodger Stadium.
Mentors include people like Dodgers owner and NBA legend Magic Johnson, MLB Advanced Media CEO Bob Bowman, Los Angeles Lakers president Jeanie Buss, and many more.
The companies, which range from early and later-stage, include those working with community sports, athlete recruiting, advanced analytics for fantasy sports, team and athlete performance management, peer-to-peer fantasy gaming, next-generation customer analytics, live-event POS, social fan polling, and more. Here they are:
- Appetize: POS, mobile-ordering, and inventory management
platform for live events.
- Doorstat: Helps businesses and brands better understand foot traffic, customer demographics, and customer behavior through a proprietary technology solution.
- FieldLevel: Private social network for sports recruiting that connects coaches and helps college teams find the best athletes for their programs.
- FocusMotion: Complete solution that makes it easy to track and analyze movements, gestures, and exercises with wearables.
- Kinduct: Develops connected health, fitness and human performance software solutions that help make people better.
- LeagueApps: Platform enabling local sports organizers to create and manage amazing sports experiences.
- ProDay: Mobile app that lets anyone work out with professional athletes. Anytime. Anywhere.
- SidePrize: Facilitates side challenges for your fantasy league.
- Swish Analytics: Algorithm-driven tools for daily fantasy players, and fans.
- Yezno: Social platform that allows sports fans to poll, engage and debate each other.