Today, participating companies in the Verizon Ventures Media Tech Venture Studio with R/GA will present to an audience of media and technology industry professionals at a demo day event in R/GA’s connected global headquarters, located in New York City. Concluding the four-month program, the eight companies will take to the stage to present updates and pitch industry leaders, investors, and press in the media tech space.
Verizon Ventures worked closely with R/GA to carefully choose companies based on product innovations that aligned specifically with Verizon’s strategic objectives. The eight companies represent the future of media and content across video creation and consumption, data analytics, esports, commerce, video delivery performance, machine learning, and personalization.
“We launched the Verizon Media Tech Venture Studio with R/GA to help shape the next generation of digital media solutions,” said Paul Heitlinger, Verizon Ventures. “The participating companies were able to engage with key decision makers across Verizon and R/GA’s business units who were exposed to new innovations that will change the future of media. We are excited to work with these companies as they continue to grow and make an impact in our industry.”
Over the course of the program, each participating company had the opportunity to work with Verizon Ventures and Verizon’s digital media businesses on product and technology projects. The program also offered access, resources, and support from R/GA’s award-winning strategic marketing, consulting, branding, design, and technology teams. Participants in the Venture Studio were able to leverage Verizon’s and R/GA’s networks of investors, mentors, and global brand leaders from Fortune 100 consumer, enterprise, and technology companies.
The companies include:
- Ad Lightning helps publishers and ad exchanges identify bad ads and track them to the source—helping them see their inventory more clearly.
- Cognitive3D helps brands understand their customers by visualizing perception—unlocking insights within VR, AR and MR experiences.
- GankStars is a mobile-first esports organization focused on creating amazing experiences in gaming.
- Imposium unlocks creativity through data—helping brands create personalized videos at scale with a real-time data rendering technology.
- ScoreStream is a social network and score-sharing platform for local and high school sports teams and the fans that power them.
- Streamroot is a streaming solution that multi-sources content delivery—improving video quality while lowering cost.
- Transmit.Live is a broadcast marketing platform that helps content owners promote their live streams, maximize their audiences and capture real-time results.
- Vidrovr uses machine learning and computer vision to make video more discoverable.
The program took place at the Alley powered by Verizon, a co-working space in New York City’s Flatiron District. The workspace enabled the companies to directly interact with product leaders from Oath, Go90, VDMS, FioS, Verizon Open Innovation and Verizon Wireless.
About Verizon Ventures
Verizon Ventures is the corporate venture capital unit of Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and invests in promising entrepreneurial companies that are tackling some of today’s biggest technology challenges. With a collaborative approach to commercialization, Verizon Ventures is focused on helping companies connect financial resources with strategic, non-investment business functions necessary to deliver successful outcomes. Verizon Ventures partners with companies to help them scale substantively to impact society and lead to new markets. Over the last decade, Verizon Ventures has invested in more than 50 companies covering a range of industries and technologies. For more information, visit www.verizonventures.com and follow @verizonventures.
About R/GA Ventures
R/GA Ventures goes beyond just simply providing financial capital to connect early-stage and growth-stage startups with our R/GA’s world-class creative talent, industry-leading clients and innovative program partners. Since 2013, the R/GA Ventures portfolio has grown to include more than 80 companies across a variety of verticals. R/GA Ventures and R/GA are part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG), one of the world’s largest advertising and marketing services organizations. Learn more at ventures.rga.com and by following @rgaventures.